Mar 4, 2012, 1:24 PM EST
Rays left-hander Matt Moore was sidelined for over a week due to an abdominal strain that he suffered during a fielding drill. But that’s all in the past now.
Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times reports that Moore tossed a free and easy bullpen session on Saturday in Rays camp and told reporters shortly after the workout that he felt “real good.”
“It was like back to normal,” added the 22-year-old.
Moore is a near-lock for a starting rotation spot this season in Tampa Bay after registering a dominant 1.92 ERA, 0.95 WHIP and 210/46 K/BB ratio across 155 innings last year between Double-A Montgomery and Triple-A Durham. He eventually climbed his way to the major leagues in September and was even trusted with a start in the ALDS against the Rangers, in which he hurled seven scoreless frames.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 290
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (312)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)