Mar 4, 2012, 3:05 PM EDT
White claims that he only had two drinks before the arrest, but he failed both a field sobriety test and a breathalyzer. He was released from jail at 10:25 p.m.
The Rockies have released a written statement:
“We were extremely disappointed to learn that Alex White had been arrested last night. This type of behavior is taken very seriously by our organization, and through our discussions with him we know that he clearly understands the seriousness of his poor decisions, the harm that could have been inflicted on others and the embarrassment his mistake has caused himself, his family and the organization. Alex is taking full accountability for his actions with his teammates and manager. The man we have grown to know is a dedicated teammate who has strong values that are grounded in his family and hard work. We believe he will learn from his unfortunate decision and clearly understands the severity of the situation.”
White is aiming to lock up a spot in the Rockies’ starting rotation this spring after registering a 1.80 ERA, 0.88 WHIP and 38/6 K/BB ratio in 40 innings last season between Double-A and Triple-A. The 23-year-old right-hander from North Carolina had a 7.01 ERA in his first 51 1/3 major league frames.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)