Mar 5, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
No longer in need of constant medical care, beaten Giants fan Bryan Stow was moved to a new rehab facility, his family stated on its blog.
Stow, who was left in a coma after an attack at Dodger Stadium nearly a year ago, now shares an apartment with two other patients, with the group getting full-time assistance. According to the family, “he still needs someone to transfer him to and from his chair, dress him, make his meals, etc.”
Stow also suffers from short-term memory loss. While he’s very much aware and “has a sense of humor again,” he couldn’t recall the surprise birthday party thrown on his behalf even a day later.
Still, the 43-year-old Stow has made remarkable progress given the severity of his injuries. Louie Sanchez and Marvin Norwood have been charged in the beating, and their next court date is set for March 13.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17