Mar 5, 2012, 3:25 PM EDT
Crawford is expected to be sidelined for at least 5-7 more games and Valentine indicated that he doesn’t expect the left fielder to be ready for Opening Day.
Obviously the setback is unfortunate, because Crawford had been feeling good about his recovery and may have pushed himself too hard because of it, but the initial post-surgery timetable suggested he’d miss the first several weeks of the regular season anyway.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 9
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 87
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 63
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 66
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (97)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)