Mar 5, 2012, 3:25 PM EDT
Crawford is expected to be sidelined for at least 5-7 more games and Valentine indicated that he doesn’t expect the left fielder to be ready for Opening Day.
Obviously the setback is unfortunate, because Crawford had been feeling good about his recovery and may have pushed himself too hard because of it, but the initial post-surgery timetable suggested he’d miss the first several weeks of the regular season anyway.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 3
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 51
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 37
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)