Mar 5, 2012, 3:25 PM EDT
Crawford is expected to be sidelined for at least 5-7 more games and Valentine indicated that he doesn’t expect the left fielder to be ready for Opening Day.
Obviously the setback is unfortunate, because Crawford had been feeling good about his recovery and may have pushed himself too hard because of it, but the initial post-surgery timetable suggested he’d miss the first several weeks of the regular season anyway.
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 3
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 16
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 2
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 127
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 10
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)