Mar 5, 2012, 3:25 PM EDT
Crawford is expected to be sidelined for at least 5-7 more games and Valentine indicated that he doesn’t expect the left fielder to be ready for Opening Day.
Obviously the setback is unfortunate, because Crawford had been feeling good about his recovery and may have pushed himself too hard because of it, but the initial post-surgery timetable suggested he’d miss the first several weeks of the regular season anyway.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 18
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 5
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 86
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)