Mar 5, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
In an effort to lose weight or at least keep himself from packing on more pounds CC Sabathia brings his own breakfast and lunch to Yankees camp each day in a brown paper bag.
Marc Carig of the Newark Star Ledger notes that those meals are prepared by Sabathia’s personal chef, but still:
Sabathia said doing it this way helps with portion control. Today’s breakfast offering was sausage and eggs and came in a container about the size of a small TV dinner. It’s also easy for Sabathia to direct his chef to prepare healthier offerings when needed.
“A lot of guys do it,” said Sabathia, who admitted that poor eating habits helped contribute to his weight gain last year. “It just sort of happened that it could work out this way.”
As a fat person who recently become somewhat less fat it’s interesting to think about what the 6-foot-7, 300-pound Sabathia must be consuming away from the ballpark if he’s truly eating breakfasts and lunches “the size of a small TV dinner.” If he actually did that every day and ate a similar dinner he’d be shedding weight like crazy, but whatever the case … good for him.
Some advice for CC: Write your name on the bag, because that Jeter guy seems like someone who eats whatever goes unclaimed in the fridge.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)