Mar 5, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
In an effort to lose weight or at least keep himself from packing on more pounds CC Sabathia brings his own breakfast and lunch to Yankees camp each day in a brown paper bag.
Marc Carig of the Newark Star Ledger notes that those meals are prepared by Sabathia’s personal chef, but still:
Sabathia said doing it this way helps with portion control. Today’s breakfast offering was sausage and eggs and came in a container about the size of a small TV dinner. It’s also easy for Sabathia to direct his chef to prepare healthier offerings when needed.
“A lot of guys do it,” said Sabathia, who admitted that poor eating habits helped contribute to his weight gain last year. “It just sort of happened that it could work out this way.”
As a fat person who recently become somewhat less fat it’s interesting to think about what the 6-foot-7, 300-pound Sabathia must be consuming away from the ballpark if he’s truly eating breakfasts and lunches “the size of a small TV dinner.” If he actually did that every day and ate a similar dinner he’d be shedding weight like crazy, but whatever the case … good for him.
Some advice for CC: Write your name on the bag, because that Jeter guy seems like someone who eats whatever goes unclaimed in the fridge.
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 0
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 54
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)