Mar 5, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
In an effort to lose weight or at least keep himself from packing on more pounds CC Sabathia brings his own breakfast and lunch to Yankees camp each day in a brown paper bag.
Marc Carig of the Newark Star Ledger notes that those meals are prepared by Sabathia’s personal chef, but still:
Sabathia said doing it this way helps with portion control. Today’s breakfast offering was sausage and eggs and came in a container about the size of a small TV dinner. It’s also easy for Sabathia to direct his chef to prepare healthier offerings when needed.
“A lot of guys do it,” said Sabathia, who admitted that poor eating habits helped contribute to his weight gain last year. “It just sort of happened that it could work out this way.”
As a fat person who recently become somewhat less fat it’s interesting to think about what the 6-foot-7, 300-pound Sabathia must be consuming away from the ballpark if he’s truly eating breakfasts and lunches “the size of a small TV dinner.” If he actually did that every day and ate a similar dinner he’d be shedding weight like crazy, but whatever the case … good for him.
Some advice for CC: Write your name on the bag, because that Jeter guy seems like someone who eats whatever goes unclaimed in the fridge.
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 0
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 10
- Who really owns a home run ball? 59
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 125
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (126)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)