Mar 5, 2012, 9:20 AM EDT
The common thinking is that Daisuke Matsuzaka is going to be set to return from his rehab in July, but Nick Carfado is reporting that things have been going well and that his bullpen session yesterday was “very impressive” and that he’s “throwing hard and using his secondary pitches.” As such, Matsuzaka is thinking more along the lines of June.
When he went down last year, most people assumed that he’d never throw another pitch for the Red Sox. How weird/cool would it be if he came back and played a key part on a Red Sox playoff push? And if he found his gyroball and was a closer or something?
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 30
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 8
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 7
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 32
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)