Mar 5, 2012, 9:20 AM EDT
The common thinking is that Daisuke Matsuzaka is going to be set to return from his rehab in July, but Nick Carfado is reporting that things have been going well and that his bullpen session yesterday was “very impressive” and that he’s “throwing hard and using his secondary pitches.” As such, Matsuzaka is thinking more along the lines of June.
When he went down last year, most people assumed that he’d never throw another pitch for the Red Sox. How weird/cool would it be if he came back and played a key part on a Red Sox playoff push? And if he found his gyroball and was a closer or something?
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 3
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 19
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 9
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)