Mar 5, 2012, 9:20 AM EDT
The common thinking is that Daisuke Matsuzaka is going to be set to return from his rehab in July, but Nick Carfado is reporting that things have been going well and that his bullpen session yesterday was “very impressive” and that he’s “throwing hard and using his secondary pitches.” As such, Matsuzaka is thinking more along the lines of June.
When he went down last year, most people assumed that he’d never throw another pitch for the Red Sox. How weird/cool would it be if he came back and played a key part on a Red Sox playoff push? And if he found his gyroball and was a closer or something?
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 0
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 27
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)