Mar 5, 2012, 9:20 AM EST
The common thinking is that Daisuke Matsuzaka is going to be set to return from his rehab in July, but Nick Carfado is reporting that things have been going well and that his bullpen session yesterday was “very impressive” and that he’s “throwing hard and using his secondary pitches.” As such, Matsuzaka is thinking more along the lines of June.
When he went down last year, most people assumed that he’d never throw another pitch for the Red Sox. How weird/cool would it be if he came back and played a key part on a Red Sox playoff push? And if he found his gyroball and was a closer or something?
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 293
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)