Mar 5, 2012, 4:41 PM EDT
Evan Longoria had been hoping to rejoin the Rays’ lineup tomorrow after taking a Matt Bush fastball off his hand Thursday, but it looks like the bruise will keep him sidelined longer.
Longoria told Roger Mooney of the Tampa Tribune that he had to cut today’s batting practice session short and “shut it down” after just a couple swings because his swollen hand was still a problem.
He’s still aiming to see game action by the end of this week, but in the meantime Bush will probably continue to feel guilty.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 85
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 68
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 70
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 73
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)