Mar 5, 2012, 4:41 PM EST
Evan Longoria had been hoping to rejoin the Rays’ lineup tomorrow after taking a Matt Bush fastball off his hand Thursday, but it looks like the bruise will keep him sidelined longer.
Longoria told Roger Mooney of the Tampa Tribune that he had to cut today’s batting practice session short and “shut it down” after just a couple swings because his swollen hand was still a problem.
He’s still aiming to see game action by the end of this week, but in the meantime Bush will probably continue to feel guilty.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 10
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 73
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)