Mar 5, 2012, 4:41 PM EDT
Evan Longoria had been hoping to rejoin the Rays’ lineup tomorrow after taking a Matt Bush fastball off his hand Thursday, but it looks like the bruise will keep him sidelined longer.
Longoria told Roger Mooney of the Tampa Tribune that he had to cut today’s batting practice session short and “shut it down” after just a couple swings because his swollen hand was still a problem.
He’s still aiming to see game action by the end of this week, but in the meantime Bush will probably continue to feel guilty.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 0
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 0
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 127
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 97
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (130)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)