Mar 5, 2012, 4:41 PM EDT
Evan Longoria had been hoping to rejoin the Rays’ lineup tomorrow after taking a Matt Bush fastball off his hand Thursday, but it looks like the bruise will keep him sidelined longer.
Longoria told Roger Mooney of the Tampa Tribune that he had to cut today’s batting practice session short and “shut it down” after just a couple swings because his swollen hand was still a problem.
He’s still aiming to see game action by the end of this week, but in the meantime Bush will probably continue to feel guilty.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)