Mar 5, 2012, 4:41 PM EDT
Evan Longoria had been hoping to rejoin the Rays’ lineup tomorrow after taking a Matt Bush fastball off his hand Thursday, but it looks like the bruise will keep him sidelined longer.
Longoria told Roger Mooney of the Tampa Tribune that he had to cut today’s batting practice session short and “shut it down” after just a couple swings because his swollen hand was still a problem.
He’s still aiming to see game action by the end of this week, but in the meantime Bush will probably continue to feel guilty.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 8
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 30
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)