Mar 5, 2012, 7:52 AM EDT
It’s entirely possible that Ryan Braun did something last fall that he won’t be proud of one day. But if you were one of the Giants fans at Maryvale Stadium for the Giants-Brewers split squad game yesterday involved in this, you probably need to examine your life a little bit.
Not so much to figure out your maturity level, but in order to come up with a more clever way to taunt Braun than to chant “ur-ine sam-ple”:
The game was at Milwaukee’s Maryvale Baseball Park and Brewers fans gave Braun a standing ovation when he came to bat. But about half of the 6,619 fans cheered for the Giants and greeted Braun with catcalls. They serenaded the Brewers slugger with chants of “Ur-ine Sam-ple!” before Braun struck out swinging against Madison Bumgarner in his first at-bat. His second time up, Braun was greeted with chants of “Cheater!” before looking at strike three.
Giants fans, people. The same ones who cheered wildly for Barry Bonds for years. Oy.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)