Mar 5, 2012, 7:52 AM EST
It’s entirely possible that Ryan Braun did something last fall that he won’t be proud of one day. But if you were one of the Giants fans at Maryvale Stadium for the Giants-Brewers split squad game yesterday involved in this, you probably need to examine your life a little bit.
Not so much to figure out your maturity level, but in order to come up with a more clever way to taunt Braun than to chant “ur-ine sam-ple”:
The game was at Milwaukee’s Maryvale Baseball Park and Brewers fans gave Braun a standing ovation when he came to bat. But about half of the 6,619 fans cheered for the Giants and greeted Braun with catcalls. They serenaded the Brewers slugger with chants of “Ur-ine Sam-ple!” before Braun struck out swinging against Madison Bumgarner in his first at-bat. His second time up, Braun was greeted with chants of “Cheater!” before looking at strike three.
Giants fans, people. The same ones who cheered wildly for Barry Bonds for years. Oy.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 20
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 75
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 45
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 141
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)