Mar 5, 2012, 7:52 AM EST
It’s entirely possible that Ryan Braun did something last fall that he won’t be proud of one day. But if you were one of the Giants fans at Maryvale Stadium for the Giants-Brewers split squad game yesterday involved in this, you probably need to examine your life a little bit.
Not so much to figure out your maturity level, but in order to come up with a more clever way to taunt Braun than to chant “ur-ine sam-ple”:
The game was at Milwaukee’s Maryvale Baseball Park and Brewers fans gave Braun a standing ovation when he came to bat. But about half of the 6,619 fans cheered for the Giants and greeted Braun with catcalls. They serenaded the Brewers slugger with chants of “Ur-ine Sam-ple!” before Braun struck out swinging against Madison Bumgarner in his first at-bat. His second time up, Braun was greeted with chants of “Cheater!” before looking at strike three.
Giants fans, people. The same ones who cheered wildly for Barry Bonds for years. Oy.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 108
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 34
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 259
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (110)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)