Mar 5, 2012, 1:46 PM EDT
Because it may be your lucky day, assuming that you’re Hard Working, Teachable and Driven to be the Best.
Seattle’s Triple-A farm club has openings for a corporate sales manager and a group event coordinator. And who wouldn’t want to work with this bunch of wild and crazy guys?
The sports industry is sexy and you want in. So does everyone else. You want to work in sports but do you have what it takes to be great? Do you want to learn from the best and become the best?
Seriously. Nobody ever became sexy by sitting around, being lazy and waiting on the phone to ring. From the athlete to the front office, the glamour surrounding this industry was created by dedication, hard work, sweat, integrity and a competitive desire to be the absolute best. So, if you are not motivated, if you do not want to dominate, if you do not want to change the landscape of the sports industry, stop reading this and apply elsewhere.
If, on the other hand, you do want to change the landscape of the sports industry, how better than to work in sales for a Triple-A baseball team? You probably didn’t even know that International Olympic Committee President Jacques Rogge used to sell advertising for the Louisville Bats. Or at least it was someone that looked like him.
(hat-tip to Larry Granillo of Wezen-Ball)
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 6
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 18
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)