Mar 5, 2012, 1:46 PM EDT
Because it may be your lucky day, assuming that you’re Hard Working, Teachable and Driven to be the Best.
Seattle’s Triple-A farm club has openings for a corporate sales manager and a group event coordinator. And who wouldn’t want to work with this bunch of wild and crazy guys?
The sports industry is sexy and you want in. So does everyone else. You want to work in sports but do you have what it takes to be great? Do you want to learn from the best and become the best?
Seriously. Nobody ever became sexy by sitting around, being lazy and waiting on the phone to ring. From the athlete to the front office, the glamour surrounding this industry was created by dedication, hard work, sweat, integrity and a competitive desire to be the absolute best. So, if you are not motivated, if you do not want to dominate, if you do not want to change the landscape of the sports industry, stop reading this and apply elsewhere.
If, on the other hand, you do want to change the landscape of the sports industry, how better than to work in sales for a Triple-A baseball team? You probably didn’t even know that International Olympic Committee President Jacques Rogge used to sell advertising for the Louisville Bats. Or at least it was someone that looked like him.
(hat-tip to Larry Granillo of Wezen-Ball)
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 2
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 20
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)