Mar 5, 2012, 1:46 PM EST
Because it may be your lucky day, assuming that you’re Hard Working, Teachable and Driven to be the Best.
Seattle’s Triple-A farm club has openings for a corporate sales manager and a group event coordinator. And who wouldn’t want to work with this bunch of wild and crazy guys?
The sports industry is sexy and you want in. So does everyone else. You want to work in sports but do you have what it takes to be great? Do you want to learn from the best and become the best?
Seriously. Nobody ever became sexy by sitting around, being lazy and waiting on the phone to ring. From the athlete to the front office, the glamour surrounding this industry was created by dedication, hard work, sweat, integrity and a competitive desire to be the absolute best. So, if you are not motivated, if you do not want to dominate, if you do not want to change the landscape of the sports industry, stop reading this and apply elsewhere.
If, on the other hand, you do want to change the landscape of the sports industry, how better than to work in sales for a Triple-A baseball team? You probably didn’t even know that International Olympic Committee President Jacques Rogge used to sell advertising for the Louisville Bats. Or at least it was someone that looked like him.
(hat-tip to Larry Granillo of Wezen-Ball)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 82
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 47
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 33
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)