Mar 5, 2012, 1:46 PM EST
Because it may be your lucky day, assuming that you’re Hard Working, Teachable and Driven to be the Best.
Seattle’s Triple-A farm club has openings for a corporate sales manager and a group event coordinator. And who wouldn’t want to work with this bunch of wild and crazy guys?
The sports industry is sexy and you want in. So does everyone else. You want to work in sports but do you have what it takes to be great? Do you want to learn from the best and become the best?
Seriously. Nobody ever became sexy by sitting around, being lazy and waiting on the phone to ring. From the athlete to the front office, the glamour surrounding this industry was created by dedication, hard work, sweat, integrity and a competitive desire to be the absolute best. So, if you are not motivated, if you do not want to dominate, if you do not want to change the landscape of the sports industry, stop reading this and apply elsewhere.
If, on the other hand, you do want to change the landscape of the sports industry, how better than to work in sales for a Triple-A baseball team? You probably didn’t even know that International Olympic Committee President Jacques Rogge used to sell advertising for the Louisville Bats. Or at least it was someone that looked like him.
(hat-tip to Larry Granillo of Wezen-Ball)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 290
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (306)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)