Mar 5, 2012, 1:46 PM EDT
Because it may be your lucky day, assuming that you’re Hard Working, Teachable and Driven to be the Best.
Seattle’s Triple-A farm club has openings for a corporate sales manager and a group event coordinator. And who wouldn’t want to work with this bunch of wild and crazy guys?
The sports industry is sexy and you want in. So does everyone else. You want to work in sports but do you have what it takes to be great? Do you want to learn from the best and become the best?
Seriously. Nobody ever became sexy by sitting around, being lazy and waiting on the phone to ring. From the athlete to the front office, the glamour surrounding this industry was created by dedication, hard work, sweat, integrity and a competitive desire to be the absolute best. So, if you are not motivated, if you do not want to dominate, if you do not want to change the landscape of the sports industry, stop reading this and apply elsewhere.
If, on the other hand, you do want to change the landscape of the sports industry, how better than to work in sales for a Triple-A baseball team? You probably didn’t even know that International Olympic Committee President Jacques Rogge used to sell advertising for the Louisville Bats. Or at least it was someone that looked like him.
(hat-tip to Larry Granillo of Wezen-Ball)
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 25
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 2
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 12
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 142
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)