Mar 6, 2012, 9:18 AM EDT
When Rockies starter Alex White was arrested for DUI over the weekend, he told officers that he only had “two drinks.” Everyone who gets pulled over for DUI says that, of course, but White’s lie, it appears, was particularly egregious:
A breath test administered after White was pulled over Saturday night measured his blood-alcohol content at 0.174 percent, according to the arrest report. If blood tests confirm the results of the roadside breath test, White will be charged with extreme DUI, a police spokesman said.
And here you thought that something being “extreme” was always awesome.
White got a $2.25 million signing bonus a couple of years ago. One would think that would be enough to afford a cab.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)