Mar 6, 2012, 9:18 AM EDT
When Rockies starter Alex White was arrested for DUI over the weekend, he told officers that he only had “two drinks.” Everyone who gets pulled over for DUI says that, of course, but White’s lie, it appears, was particularly egregious:
A breath test administered after White was pulled over Saturday night measured his blood-alcohol content at 0.174 percent, according to the arrest report. If blood tests confirm the results of the roadside breath test, White will be charged with extreme DUI, a police spokesman said.
And here you thought that something being “extreme” was always awesome.
White got a $2.25 million signing bonus a couple of years ago. One would think that would be enough to afford a cab.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 0
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 32
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)