Mar 6, 2012, 9:18 AM EDT
When Rockies starter Alex White was arrested for DUI over the weekend, he told officers that he only had “two drinks.” Everyone who gets pulled over for DUI says that, of course, but White’s lie, it appears, was particularly egregious:
A breath test administered after White was pulled over Saturday night measured his blood-alcohol content at 0.174 percent, according to the arrest report. If blood tests confirm the results of the roadside breath test, White will be charged with extreme DUI, a police spokesman said.
And here you thought that something being “extreme” was always awesome.
White got a $2.25 million signing bonus a couple of years ago. One would think that would be enough to afford a cab.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 3
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 39
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 78
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)