Mar 6, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
Brian Wilson‘s achy elbow is feeling good enough that the Giants closer is slated to make his spring training debut Sunday.
Wilson admitted recently that he pitched through elbow problems throughout most of last season, but he threw live batting practice over the weekend and is scheduled to do so again tomorrow.
Chris Haft of MLB.com reports that Wilson is aiming to throw around 10 innings before Opening Day, which is certainly doable as long as he avoids any setbacks.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)