Mar 6, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
Brian Wilson‘s achy elbow is feeling good enough that the Giants closer is slated to make his spring training debut Sunday.
Wilson admitted recently that he pitched through elbow problems throughout most of last season, but he threw live batting practice over the weekend and is scheduled to do so again tomorrow.
Chris Haft of MLB.com reports that Wilson is aiming to throw around 10 innings before Opening Day, which is certainly doable as long as he avoids any setbacks.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 11
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 16
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)