Mar 6, 2012, 1:20 PM EST
Brian Wilson‘s achy elbow is feeling good enough that the Giants closer is slated to make his spring training debut Sunday.
Wilson admitted recently that he pitched through elbow problems throughout most of last season, but he threw live batting practice over the weekend and is scheduled to do so again tomorrow.
Chris Haft of MLB.com reports that Wilson is aiming to throw around 10 innings before Opening Day, which is certainly doable as long as he avoids any setbacks.
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 20
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 40
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (131)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)