Mar 6, 2012, 4:16 PM EST
He’s got time but he’s behind. Part of that is if he had rehabbed properly in the winter time. Part of that is he came into camp as one of the few guys overweight. The guys that came in ready, I can’t shelve them because he didn’t. I’m trying him ready the best I can. We need him. … Then he’s got to stop eating.
Sheldon says Francisco is about 10-12 pounds overweight, so “he’s got stop eating” is relatively sound advice.
And it’s sort of a weird coincidence that two of the few guys not to be in supposedly great shape upon arriving at spring training have “Francisco” in their name. Liriano, Cervelli, Rodriguez, Frank, and Ben better count calories for the rest of the month just to be safe.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27