Mar 6, 2012, 5:17 PM EST
Initially when Freddie Freeman dislocated his right knee cap on February 28 the fear was that he’d miss several weeks, but instead the Braves first baseman has made a rapid recovery.
Freeman rejoined the lineup today, playing four innings, and afterward told Chris Vivlamore of the Atlanta Journal Constitution that his knee “feels great right now.”
Freeman reported no problems at the plate or in the field, although he hasn’t attempted to scoop a low throw yet after that play led to the injury. Assuming he wakes up tomorrow feeling decent it sounds like Freeman will basically be without limitations one week after suffering the injury.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)