Mar 6, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Longoria had hoped to play today, but swelling in his hand kept him from getting through a batting practice session yesterday and now the Rays third baseman isn’t sure when he’ll see game action again:
It’s slowly going in the right direction. It’s moving along. I guess some places just don’t drain out as well as others. If it was my shin, it would be contused, there will still be a contusion but I would be able to play. It’s just that hands and feet are a little bit different.
Longoria also noted that the injury occurring so early in spring training allows him to be cautious coming back and in the meantime he’s able to get reps in defensively.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 77
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 219
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (219)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)