Mar 6, 2012, 1:50 PM EDT
He’s listed as day-to-day for now, but lat strains tend to linger.
Bryce Harper replaced Morse in the lineup today, but presumably the Nationals wouldn’t let the injury impact Harper’s timetable unless Morse was sidelined for an extended period.
Morse has somewhat quietly been one of the league’s best hitters since 2010, batting .298 with 46 homers, 48 doubles, and an .896 OPS in 244 games. He signed a two-year, $10.5 million deal in January that gives the Nationals cost control over his final two arbitration-eligible seasons.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17