Mar 6, 2012, 1:50 PM EDT
He’s listed as day-to-day for now, but lat strains tend to linger.
Bryce Harper replaced Morse in the lineup today, but presumably the Nationals wouldn’t let the injury impact Harper’s timetable unless Morse was sidelined for an extended period.
Morse has somewhat quietly been one of the league’s best hitters since 2010, batting .298 with 46 homers, 48 doubles, and an .896 OPS in 244 games. He signed a two-year, $10.5 million deal in January that gives the Nationals cost control over his final two arbitration-eligible seasons.
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 4
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 6
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 31
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)