Mar 6, 2012, 1:50 PM EDT
He’s listed as day-to-day for now, but lat strains tend to linger.
Bryce Harper replaced Morse in the lineup today, but presumably the Nationals wouldn’t let the injury impact Harper’s timetable unless Morse was sidelined for an extended period.
Morse has somewhat quietly been one of the league’s best hitters since 2010, batting .298 with 46 homers, 48 doubles, and an .896 OPS in 244 games. He signed a two-year, $10.5 million deal in January that gives the Nationals cost control over his final two arbitration-eligible seasons.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)