Mar 6, 2012, 1:50 PM EDT
He’s listed as day-to-day for now, but lat strains tend to linger.
Bryce Harper replaced Morse in the lineup today, but presumably the Nationals wouldn’t let the injury impact Harper’s timetable unless Morse was sidelined for an extended period.
Morse has somewhat quietly been one of the league’s best hitters since 2010, batting .298 with 46 homers, 48 doubles, and an .896 OPS in 244 games. He signed a two-year, $10.5 million deal in January that gives the Nationals cost control over his final two arbitration-eligible seasons.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 332
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 69
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 45
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (331)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (160)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)