Mar 7, 2012, 10:05 PM EST
Buster Posey is back! Or, he will be soon.
According to beat writer Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com, Giants manager Bruce Bochy told reporters Wednesday that he’s planning to have Posey catch “a few innings” in Friday afternoon’s Cactus League game against the Reds.
Posey was unable to return to action last season after suffering a fractured ankle in a late-May collision at home plate and has been taking it slowly in camp this spring. But he looked good running the bases on Tuesday and the Giants are no longer concerned about a potential re-injury.
“He’s fine,” Bochy said Wednesday. “It’s not the hitting or the catching. That’s no problem. He’s been catching ‘pens, doing all the drills. It’s just getting him running bases. He came out of it well.”
Posey, 24, has posted a .294/.353/.462 slash line and 22 homers through the first 160 games of his career.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 148
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 83
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (151)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)