Mar 7, 2012, 4:43 PM EST
Willis also indicated that he was pitching through some arm fatigue–which isn’t a great sign so early in camp–and Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reports that he’ll be “checked out” by team doctors tomorrow for a “sore arm.”
Willis hasn’t been healthy and effective in the same season since 2006 and posted a 5.00 ERA with 37 walks in 76 innings for the Reds last season, yet got a one-year, $1 million contract from the Phillies to serve as their left-handed specialist.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)