Mar 7, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
Giants manager Bruce Bochy took issue with an Angels scout’s presence at the team’s stadium during drills this morning and had him booted from the park, Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com reports.
“I’m sitting there grading arms,” scout Jeff Schugel said. “In 25 years, I’ve never had that happen to me.”
Giants PR guy Jim Moorehead said afterwards that the team had a policy against allowing scouts in the park prior to gates opening. However, that’s now been reversed, according to the San Francisco Chronicle’s Henry Schulman. Apparently not wanting to see their own scouts get tossed out of ballparks, the Giants have decided scouts can come in and watch practices as long as they’re sitting in the stands and not on the field.
The Giants and Angels will face each other in interleague play this year. It will be the Giants’ first trip to Anaheim since the 2002 World Series.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)