Mar 7, 2012, 3:15 PM EST
Giants manager Bruce Bochy took issue with an Angels scout’s presence at the team’s stadium during drills this morning and had him booted from the park, Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com reports.
“I’m sitting there grading arms,” scout Jeff Schugel said. “In 25 years, I’ve never had that happen to me.”
Giants PR guy Jim Moorehead said afterwards that the team had a policy against allowing scouts in the park prior to gates opening. However, that’s now been reversed, according to the San Francisco Chronicle’s Henry Schulman. Apparently not wanting to see their own scouts get tossed out of ballparks, the Giants have decided scouts can come in and watch practices as long as they’re sitting in the stands and not on the field.
The Giants and Angels will face each other in interleague play this year. It will be the Giants’ first trip to Anaheim since the 2002 World Series.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (363)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (77)