Mar 7, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
Giants manager Bruce Bochy took issue with an Angels scout’s presence at the team’s stadium during drills this morning and had him booted from the park, Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com reports.
“I’m sitting there grading arms,” scout Jeff Schugel said. “In 25 years, I’ve never had that happen to me.”
Giants PR guy Jim Moorehead said afterwards that the team had a policy against allowing scouts in the park prior to gates opening. However, that’s now been reversed, according to the San Francisco Chronicle’s Henry Schulman. Apparently not wanting to see their own scouts get tossed out of ballparks, the Giants have decided scouts can come in and watch practices as long as they’re sitting in the stands and not on the field.
The Giants and Angels will face each other in interleague play this year. It will be the Giants’ first trip to Anaheim since the 2002 World Series.
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 0
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 14
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 37
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 181
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 38
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (181)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)