Mar 7, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
Giants manager Bruce Bochy took issue with an Angels scout’s presence at the team’s stadium during drills this morning and had him booted from the park, Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com reports.
“I’m sitting there grading arms,” scout Jeff Schugel said. “In 25 years, I’ve never had that happen to me.”
Giants PR guy Jim Moorehead said afterwards that the team had a policy against allowing scouts in the park prior to gates opening. However, that’s now been reversed, according to the San Francisco Chronicle’s Henry Schulman. Apparently not wanting to see their own scouts get tossed out of ballparks, the Giants have decided scouts can come in and watch practices as long as they’re sitting in the stands and not on the field.
The Giants and Angels will face each other in interleague play this year. It will be the Giants’ first trip to Anaheim since the 2002 World Series.
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 22
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 23
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)