Mar 7, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
Giants manager Bruce Bochy took issue with an Angels scout’s presence at the team’s stadium during drills this morning and had him booted from the park, Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com reports.
“I’m sitting there grading arms,” scout Jeff Schugel said. “In 25 years, I’ve never had that happen to me.”
Giants PR guy Jim Moorehead said afterwards that the team had a policy against allowing scouts in the park prior to gates opening. However, that’s now been reversed, according to the San Francisco Chronicle’s Henry Schulman. Apparently not wanting to see their own scouts get tossed out of ballparks, the Giants have decided scouts can come in and watch practices as long as they’re sitting in the stands and not on the field.
The Giants and Angels will face each other in interleague play this year. It will be the Giants’ first trip to Anaheim since the 2002 World Series.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (235)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)