Mar 7, 2012, 12:18 PM EDT
Zack Greinke has been without an agent since leaving CAA last year, but the Brewers right-hander told Jim Bowden of ESPN.com that he plans to hire new representation before hitting the open market as a free agent after the season.
Greinke initially indicated that he might try to negotiate a long-term deal by himself, which would save millions of dollars in commissions, but he’s apparently thought better of it.
And there’s a lot of money to be made from what will almost surely be a $100 million-plus contract, so Greinke is probably fielding a whole bunch of calls from interested agents and, knowing his introverted personality, is probably hating it.
In the meantime he’s entering the final season of a four-year, $38 million deal inked with the Royals.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 15
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 78
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 89
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (89)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)