Mar 8, 2012, 11:19 AM EST
Mariners catcher Adam Moore, a former top prospect who missed nearly all of last season with a knee injury suffered in his second game, broke his right wrist Tuesday when a ball in the dirt struck his throwing hand.
There’s no word yet on how long the Mariners expect Moore to be sidelined, but he’s obviously out for the remainder of spring training and potentially could miss a big chunk of the regular season.
Moore was unlikely to make the Opening Day roster anyway because of Miguel Olivo‘s presence and the Mariners’ offseason trades for John Jaso and Jesus Montero. Once healthy Moore will likely spend a third season at Triple-A, where the 27-year-old has hit .302 with a .789 OPS. He’s batted just .197 in 68 games as a big leaguer.
- MLB Players React to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 2
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 76
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)