Mar 8, 2012, 3:49 PM EDT
All offseason the Reds talked about stretching out Chapman for a potential move to the rotation, but they have plenty of starter depth even without him and Bay’s injury could leave a key hole in the left-handed setup corps.
Or as manager Dusty Baker told John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer: “That’s a pretty good backup plan.”
For now Fay reports that Chapman remains scheduled to start tomorrow’s game against the Giants, so he’ll probably stay in limbo until the Reds have a better idea of Bray’s recovery timetable.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)