Mar 8, 2012, 3:49 PM EDT
All offseason the Reds talked about stretching out Chapman for a potential move to the rotation, but they have plenty of starter depth even without him and Bay’s injury could leave a key hole in the left-handed setup corps.
Or as manager Dusty Baker told John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer: “That’s a pretty good backup plan.”
For now Fay reports that Chapman remains scheduled to start tomorrow’s game against the Giants, so he’ll probably stay in limbo until the Reds have a better idea of Bray’s recovery timetable.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final