Mar 8, 2012, 3:15 PM EST
Last month when MLB announced the final 50 candidates for this year’s “Fan Cave” we gave Lindsay Guentzel the official HardballTalk endorsement for the gig, so I’m happy to say that she made the cut as one of nine fans chosen to participate all season long.
Lindsay will be joined in New York by Ashley Chavez, Benjamin Christensen, Shaun Kippins, Gordon Mack, Ricardo Marquez, Ricky Mast, Eddie Mata, and Kyle Thompson, who were chosen from more than 22,000 applicants.
She’s a Twins fans and Minnesotan–which surely had nothing to do with the HBT endorsement–and it looks like MLB also chose one each of Yankees, Phillies, Cardinals, Angels, A’s, and Giants fans. And because the famous Georgia media bias is so strong, there are two Braves fans.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)