Mar 8, 2012, 3:15 PM EST
Last month when MLB announced the final 50 candidates for this year’s “Fan Cave” we gave Lindsay Guentzel the official HardballTalk endorsement for the gig, so I’m happy to say that she made the cut as one of nine fans chosen to participate all season long.
Lindsay will be joined in New York by Ashley Chavez, Benjamin Christensen, Shaun Kippins, Gordon Mack, Ricardo Marquez, Ricky Mast, Eddie Mata, and Kyle Thompson, who were chosen from more than 22,000 applicants.
She’s a Twins fans and Minnesotan–which surely had nothing to do with the HBT endorsement–and it looks like MLB also chose one each of Yankees, Phillies, Cardinals, Angels, A’s, and Giants fans. And because the famous Georgia media bias is so strong, there are two Braves fans.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (81)