Mar 8, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
Last month when MLB announced the final 50 candidates for this year’s “Fan Cave” we gave Lindsay Guentzel the official HardballTalk endorsement for the gig, so I’m happy to say that she made the cut as one of nine fans chosen to participate all season long.
Lindsay will be joined in New York by Ashley Chavez, Benjamin Christensen, Shaun Kippins, Gordon Mack, Ricardo Marquez, Ricky Mast, Eddie Mata, and Kyle Thompson, who were chosen from more than 22,000 applicants.
She’s a Twins fans and Minnesotan–which surely had nothing to do with the HBT endorsement–and it looks like MLB also chose one each of Yankees, Phillies, Cardinals, Angels, A’s, and Giants fans. And because the famous Georgia media bias is so strong, there are two Braves fans.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 3
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 23
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 13
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 183
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (183)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)