Mar 8, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
Last month when MLB announced the final 50 candidates for this year’s “Fan Cave” we gave Lindsay Guentzel the official HardballTalk endorsement for the gig, so I’m happy to say that she made the cut as one of nine fans chosen to participate all season long.
Lindsay will be joined in New York by Ashley Chavez, Benjamin Christensen, Shaun Kippins, Gordon Mack, Ricardo Marquez, Ricky Mast, Eddie Mata, and Kyle Thompson, who were chosen from more than 22,000 applicants.
She’s a Twins fans and Minnesotan–which surely had nothing to do with the HBT endorsement–and it looks like MLB also chose one each of Yankees, Phillies, Cardinals, Angels, A’s, and Giants fans. And because the famous Georgia media bias is so strong, there are two Braves fans.
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 18
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use 92
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)