Mar 8, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
Last month when MLB announced the final 50 candidates for this year’s “Fan Cave” we gave Lindsay Guentzel the official HardballTalk endorsement for the gig, so I’m happy to say that she made the cut as one of nine fans chosen to participate all season long.
Lindsay will be joined in New York by Ashley Chavez, Benjamin Christensen, Shaun Kippins, Gordon Mack, Ricardo Marquez, Ricky Mast, Eddie Mata, and Kyle Thompson, who were chosen from more than 22,000 applicants.
She’s a Twins fans and Minnesotan–which surely had nothing to do with the HBT endorsement–and it looks like MLB also chose one each of Yankees, Phillies, Cardinals, Angels, A’s, and Giants fans. And because the famous Georgia media bias is so strong, there are two Braves fans.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 34
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 18
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 23
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 41
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)