Mar 8, 2012, 2:14 PM EST
Not only is Jonathan Papelbon ditching “Shipping Up To Boston” as his entrance music, now he’s talking about how Phillies fans are better than Red Sox fans.
During an interview on 94-WIP in Philadelphia today Papelbon said:
The difference between Boston and Philadelphia, the Boston fans are a little bit more hysterical when it comes to the game of baseball. The Philly fans tend to know the game a little better, being in the National League, you know, the way the game is played.
I’m not sure how Papelbon came to have such a clear opinion of Phillies fans already considering he signed with the team in November and has yet to actually play a game in Philadelphia, but maybe that’s just nit-picking and Papelbon did indicate that he liked the “hysterical” nature of Boston because “it got my motor running every day.”
You know, because Philadelphia sports fans have long been known for their calm demeanor and reasoned opinions about star athletes.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 11
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 56
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (141)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)