Mar 8, 2012, 4:12 PM EDT
Our BSOHL beat is fairly comprehensive in scope, but not detailed in execution. We’re doing poetry when it comes to ballplayer health and fitness, not prose.
Thankfully, Deadspin has cataloged every ballplayer who has been reported to have gained or lost weight coming into the season. The headline: “Cardio and Pooping: A Chart Of Every MLB Player Who Reportedly Lost Or Gained Weight This Offseason (And Why).”
Read it and learn. And then be thankful that we didn’t make a sub-BSOHL list for guys who got that way by pooping a lot.
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 49
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 2
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 147
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 10
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (149)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)