Mar 8, 2012, 4:12 PM EST
Our BSOHL beat is fairly comprehensive in scope, but not detailed in execution. We’re doing poetry when it comes to ballplayer health and fitness, not prose.
Thankfully, Deadspin has cataloged every ballplayer who has been reported to have gained or lost weight coming into the season. The headline: “Cardio and Pooping: A Chart Of Every MLB Player Who Reportedly Lost Or Gained Weight This Offseason (And Why).”
Read it and learn. And then be thankful that we didn’t make a sub-BSOHL list for guys who got that way by pooping a lot.
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 152
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 16
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 24
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (152)
- My imaginary Hall of Fame ballot (89)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (82)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (74)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)