Mar 8, 2012, 12:16 PM EST
UPDATE: Well, that didn’t take long. Orioles executive vice president Dan Duquette laughed and then replied “I don’t think so” when asked about Heyman’s report that they “haven’t ruled out” signing Damon. Shocking.
Well, he’s still trying:
#orioles havent ruled out johnny damon. however, nothing expected immediately
— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) March 7, 2012
Damon is a Scott Boras client. Coincidentally.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)