Mar 8, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
UPDATE: Well, that didn’t take long. Orioles executive vice president Dan Duquette laughed and then replied “I don’t think so” when asked about Heyman’s report that they “haven’t ruled out” signing Damon. Shocking.
Well, he’s still trying:
#orioles havent ruled out johnny damon. however, nothing expected immediately
— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) March 7, 2012
Damon is a Scott Boras client. Coincidentally.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 3
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 45
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 87
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)