Mar 8, 2012, 10:04 AM EDT
Jose Canseco was all set to play in the Mexican League this year — or open up a hug store or something — but that’s on hold now. He has been banned from the league after Mexican officials said that Canseco refused to take a drug test and admitted to taking testosterone.
Wish he would have talked to me first. I would have told him to take the test and fight the results on chain-of-custody grounds. Technicalities rule.
Canseco — ignoring the fact that there is no one on the planet with less credibility than him when it comes to claims of not taking banned substances — defended himself on Twitter last night:
“How can I test positive when I never took any test don’t believe everything the media tells you.the truth always comes out I am not using any illegal substanced … Don’t be so quick to judge till you here the truth that’s a sure sign of ignorance hatred and jealousy.”
Of course, testosterone is not “illegal,” it’s just banned. And he later admitted to taking it due to a medical condition, so this probably doesn’t matter. Then he said something rather chilling:
I am going to play baseball again even if I have to die trying
— Jose Canseco (@JoseCanseco) March 8, 2012
Not to be too dramatic, but watching this man rant on, unhinged, for the past couple of years, I would not be at all shocked if that’s how it actually ended.
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 0
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 55
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 82
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (238)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)