Mar 8, 2012, 1:34 PM EST
A couple weeks ago we heard that Major League Baseball — in a fit of nanny mania — decided that the the Astros could not put the guns on their throwback Colt .45s uniforms this season.
It was a crazy decision, mostly because it flew in the face of historical accuracy. Also: if you make a decision that even a wimpy pinko lefty like me finds to be silly, you’re off in crazy land.
But now, it seems, sanity has been restored:
#Astros may get pistol back on Colt .45s jersey for flashback days after all. MLB ceded decision back to club, which will announce tomorrow
— Eric Fisher (@EricFisherSBJ) March 8, 2012
Here’s hoping the Astros do the right thing and put the guns back on. We’re all adults and can handle it. And the kids these days — or any days, really — aren’t so idiotic that they’re going to be sent into violence and delinquency by the sight of Wandy Rodriguez wearing a gun on his shirt.
And besides: no one is going to be watching the Astros this year anyway.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)