Mar 8, 2012, 1:34 PM EDT
A couple weeks ago we heard that Major League Baseball — in a fit of nanny mania — decided that the the Astros could not put the guns on their throwback Colt .45s uniforms this season.
It was a crazy decision, mostly because it flew in the face of historical accuracy. Also: if you make a decision that even a wimpy pinko lefty like me finds to be silly, you’re off in crazy land.
But now, it seems, sanity has been restored:
#Astros may get pistol back on Colt .45s jersey for flashback days after all. MLB ceded decision back to club, which will announce tomorrow
— Eric Fisher (@EricFisherSBJ) March 8, 2012
Here’s hoping the Astros do the right thing and put the guns back on. We’re all adults and can handle it. And the kids these days — or any days, really — aren’t so idiotic that they’re going to be sent into violence and delinquency by the sight of Wandy Rodriguez wearing a gun on his shirt.
And besides: no one is going to be watching the Astros this year anyway.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 15
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 57
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)