Mar 9, 2012, 5:17 PM EST
Adam Moore‘s wrist injury from Tuesday is less serious than initially feared and the Mariners catcher is hoping to be ready for game action within 3-4 weeks.
Immediate reports pegged the injury as a fracture, but Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times now says “a more detailed scan … found that he merely had a bone chip break loose inside the wrist.”
Still sounds plenty painful and amazingly Baker reports that Moore actually suffered the injury while catching a pregame bullpen session and played anyway. Catchers: Still tough as hell.
He’s unlikely to play again this spring, but will apparently continue catching bullpen sessions while someone else throws the ball back to the pitcher for him. And once healthy Moore figures to begin the season back at Triple-A, with Miguel Olivo, John Jaso, and Jesus Montero giving the Mariners more than enough big-league catching depth.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 25
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 80
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 14
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 143
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)