Mar 9, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
Adam Moore‘s wrist injury from Tuesday is less serious than initially feared and the Mariners catcher is hoping to be ready for game action within 3-4 weeks.
Immediate reports pegged the injury as a fracture, but Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times now says “a more detailed scan … found that he merely had a bone chip break loose inside the wrist.”
Still sounds plenty painful and amazingly Baker reports that Moore actually suffered the injury while catching a pregame bullpen session and played anyway. Catchers: Still tough as hell.
He’s unlikely to play again this spring, but will apparently continue catching bullpen sessions while someone else throws the ball back to the pitcher for him. And once healthy Moore figures to begin the season back at Triple-A, with Miguel Olivo, John Jaso, and Jesus Montero giving the Mariners more than enough big-league catching depth.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)