Mar 9, 2012, 5:17 PM EST
Adam Moore‘s wrist injury from Tuesday is less serious than initially feared and the Mariners catcher is hoping to be ready for game action within 3-4 weeks.
Immediate reports pegged the injury as a fracture, but Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times now says “a more detailed scan … found that he merely had a bone chip break loose inside the wrist.”
Still sounds plenty painful and amazingly Baker reports that Moore actually suffered the injury while catching a pregame bullpen session and played anyway. Catchers: Still tough as hell.
He’s unlikely to play again this spring, but will apparently continue catching bullpen sessions while someone else throws the ball back to the pitcher for him. And once healthy Moore figures to begin the season back at Triple-A, with Miguel Olivo, John Jaso, and Jesus Montero giving the Mariners more than enough big-league catching depth.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 19
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (373)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (91)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)