Mar 9, 2012, 5:17 PM EST
Adam Moore‘s wrist injury from Tuesday is less serious than initially feared and the Mariners catcher is hoping to be ready for game action within 3-4 weeks.
Immediate reports pegged the injury as a fracture, but Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times now says “a more detailed scan … found that he merely had a bone chip break loose inside the wrist.”
Still sounds plenty painful and amazingly Baker reports that Moore actually suffered the injury while catching a pregame bullpen session and played anyway. Catchers: Still tough as hell.
He’s unlikely to play again this spring, but will apparently continue catching bullpen sessions while someone else throws the ball back to the pitcher for him. And once healthy Moore figures to begin the season back at Triple-A, with Miguel Olivo, John Jaso, and Jesus Montero giving the Mariners more than enough big-league catching depth.
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 16
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 133
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (285)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)