Mar 9, 2012, 5:41 PM EDT
Making his spring debut after missing all of 2011, Adam Wainwright pitched two hitless innings against the Twins on Friday.
Wainwright was consistently in the low-90s in the outing, showing the same velocity he did prior to his Tommy John surgery last spring. He wasn’t perfect with his command, throwing 14 of his 30 pitches for balls, but he didn’t need to be against a Twins offense that also missed 2011 and still appears absent now.
The Cardinals have already announced that Wainwright’s next start has been moved up, as he’ll pitch on three days’ rest instead of the usual four. It sounds as if the ailing Chris Carpenter will be backed off his scheduled Opening Day assignment, leaving Wainwright and Jaime Garcia as the first two starters in the rotation.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)