Mar 9, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Strauss writes that the Cardinals have “remained intentionally vague about Carpenter’s timetable after initially suggesting he would miss one Grapefruit League start.”
Carpenter finally admitted yesterday that he’s had neck soreness for nearly a week, but no one has offered any further details about the specifics of the injury. Whatever the case, the 36-year-old former Cy Young winner’s status for Opening Day is now very much in question.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)