Mar 9, 2012, 4:16 PM EST
New York feared for the worst when David Robertson injured his right foot while falling down the stairs, but the Yankees got some good news after further testing.
According to manager Joe Girardi the reliever has been diagnosed with a bone bruise and will be in a walking boot through the weekend, but may be able to start throwing again soon after that if he can tolerate some discomfort.
Less than 24 hours ago Girardi called Robertson’s status “cause for concern.” Today he called the news “a huge relief.”
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)