Mar 9, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Brown has been diagnosed with a sprain after suffering the injury attempting a diving catch earlier this week, but Gelb notes that “much of the inflammation and scar tissue is actually remnants of a similar injury” from last year and “it’s the fourth injury since 2009 to his right hand.”
That’s not exactly good news, of course, but at least Brown avoided something more serious this time around. His chances of cracking the Opening Day roster, however, remain slim, but that has more to do with the Phillies’ continued disinterest in giving him an extended opportunity at age 24 than anything else.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17