Mar 9, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Earlier this week Jon Heyman’s ongoing efforts to land Johnny Damon a job led to his reporting that the Orioles “haven’t ruled out” signing him, but yesterday Baltimore executive vice president Dan Duquette laughed and replied “I don’t think so” when asked about the possibility.
That hasn’t stopped Heyman one bit or even slowed him down, as the CBSSports.com reporter showed up to Orioles camp and asked Duquette about Damon in person. And then he tweeted:
Asked orioles gm duquette if damon is possibility. His 1-word answer? “Maybe.” Regarding interest, another o’s person said “not yet”
— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) March 9, 2012
Seems like totally normal behavior for a national baseball writer to engage in, right? Right? (Sort of reminds me of my strategy for asking women on dates. If they say they’re busy for Friday night and Saturday night, then just keep going further on the calendar until you get a non-committal answer.)
On a completely unrelated note, Damon is a Scott Boras client.
UPDATE: It turns out Heyman didn’t like my post about Damon yesterday, as sometime between then and now he blocked me on Twitter.
- Orioles finally lose a game when leading after seven 1
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 9
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 6
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 29
- Report: Mets considering demoting Ike Davis 5
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3