Mar 9, 2012, 12:56 PM EST
UPDATE: Good news, as Hernandez reports that Jansen is already back in Dodgers camp after going to the hospital and “has been cleared to resume workouts.”
Dodgers reliever Kenley Jansen, who missed a month after being hospitalized for an irregular heartbeat last season, has left Dodgers camp to be examined by doctors after experiencing similar symptoms.
Last year Jansen complained of his heart “fluttering” after closing out a 3-2 victory on July 26. He was released from the hospital two days later, but didn’t pitch again until August 26. And then he was unhittable down the stretch, throwing 17 innings with a 1.08 ERA and ridiculous 35/5 K/BB ratio and .127 opponents’ batting average.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)