Mar 9, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
UPDATE: Amazingly, Reimold managed to avoid a serious injury. No broken bones and a CT scan was negative, although according to Kubatko he does have some loose teeth.
Reimold was batting against Rays starter Alex Cobb when he was struck on the left side of the face, immediately falling to the ground while holding his head and staying down for several minutes.
He eventually was able to get up and get onto a cart under his own power, and Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com described Reimold as being “conscious and alert” before heading to the hospital.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 52
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 89
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (99)