Mar 9, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
UPDATE: Amazingly, Reimold managed to avoid a serious injury. No broken bones and a CT scan was negative, although according to Kubatko he does have some loose teeth.
Reimold was batting against Rays starter Alex Cobb when he was struck on the left side of the face, immediately falling to the ground while holding his head and staying down for several minutes.
He eventually was able to get up and get onto a cart under his own power, and Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com described Reimold as being “conscious and alert” before heading to the hospital.
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 7
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 16
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)