Mar 9, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
UPDATE: Amazingly, Reimold managed to avoid a serious injury. No broken bones and a CT scan was negative, although according to Kubatko he does have some loose teeth.
Reimold was batting against Rays starter Alex Cobb when he was struck on the left side of the face, immediately falling to the ground while holding his head and staying down for several minutes.
He eventually was able to get up and get onto a cart under his own power, and Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com described Reimold as being “conscious and alert” before heading to the hospital.
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 9
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 1
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 11
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 141
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (141)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)