Mar 9, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
UPDATE: Amazingly, Reimold managed to avoid a serious injury. No broken bones and a CT scan was negative, although according to Kubatko he does have some loose teeth.
Reimold was batting against Rays starter Alex Cobb when he was struck on the left side of the face, immediately falling to the ground while holding his head and staying down for several minutes.
He eventually was able to get up and get onto a cart under his own power, and Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com described Reimold as being “conscious and alert” before heading to the hospital.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 48
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 62
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)