Mar 9, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
UPDATE: Amazingly, Reimold managed to avoid a serious injury. No broken bones and a CT scan was negative, although according to Kubatko he does have some loose teeth.
Reimold was batting against Rays starter Alex Cobb when he was struck on the left side of the face, immediately falling to the ground while holding his head and staying down for several minutes.
He eventually was able to get up and get onto a cart under his own power, and Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com described Reimold as being “conscious and alert” before heading to the hospital.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8