Mar 9, 2012, 11:00 PM EST
You may not have heard of Todd Jennings, but at one time, some thought the former second-round pick might be the Giants’ catcher of the future. Instead, he’s currently drifting around the indy leagues after a collision in 2008 left him with an injury very similar to the one Buster Posey suffered last season.
Andrew Baggarly chronicles Jennings’ story and the pieces of advice Jennings has for the rehabbing Posey over at CSNBayArea.com. I’ll say no more because it’s well worth the read.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)