Mar 9, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
You may not have heard of Todd Jennings, but at one time, some thought the former second-round pick might be the Giants’ catcher of the future. Instead, he’s currently drifting around the indy leagues after a collision in 2008 left him with an injury very similar to the one Buster Posey suffered last season.
Andrew Baggarly chronicles Jennings’ story and the pieces of advice Jennings has for the rehabbing Posey over at CSNBayArea.com. I’ll say no more because it’s well worth the read.
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 49
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 34
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 19
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)