Mar 9, 2012, 7:08 PM EDT
After arriving in Arizona last weekend and showcasing his power potential during simulated games this week, the highly-touted Yoenis Cespedes is finally ready to make his Athletics’ debut.
According to John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle, Cespedes is scheduled to start in center field and bat second tomorrow afternoon against the Reds. And Craig will be there to see it. Pretty sweet deal. Let us know if he uses Christopher Cross’ “Sailing” as his at-bat music, okay?
Cespedes surprised many around the game by agreeing to a four-year, $36 million deal with Oakland in mid-February. Athletics general manager Billy Beane hedged his bets a few days ago when asked whether the 26-year-old will be on the Opening Day roster, but most expect he’ll be given every opportunity to win the starting center field job.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 89
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 77
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)