Photos of the Day: Manny Ramirez and Yoenis Cespedes take BP

Mar 10, 2012, 1:21 PM EDT

I know we already had a Photo of the Day. I don’t care. Batting practice was fun this morning. The pics are real. The dialogue, I made up.

Manny Ramirez: See the ball, hit the ball. That’s all you gotta do, Yoenis. It’s really easy.

source:

Yoenis Cespedes:  I see the ball …

source:

Yoenis Cespedes: I hit the ball.

source:

Contrary to popular belief, the ball does not make a different sound off Cespedes’ bat in BP. But he does hit the ball really damn hard.

1. westsideculture - Mar 10, 2012 at 1:28 PM

excited to see what he can do

2. drunkenhooliganism - Mar 10, 2012 at 3:12 PM

That ball went “sailing”

3. cur68 - Mar 10, 2012 at 3:22 PM

I’m so used to seeing Cespedes shirtless, that the sight of him in a uniform seems novel. You sure that’s him, Craig? Maybe catch him in frame with a coconut palm and some sand behind him, just to be sure.

4. backstageatapuppetshow - Mar 10, 2012 at 4:49 PM

45 HR, 100 RBI coming up for Cespedes!

• paperlions - Mar 10, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Are those projected career totals?

• backstageatapuppetshow - Mar 10, 2012 at 5:38 PM

2-2 in his spring training debut today….with a HR,,,,, paperlion…what do you think?

• paperlions - Mar 10, 2012 at 5:44 PM

I think Jeff Francis hasn’t been healthy for about 4 years and has an 85 MPH fastball.

• backstageatapuppetshow - Mar 10, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Interesting view….

Prior to the HR he fouled off 3 or 4 good pitches from the left hander…but you seem to think he is a wasted roster spot on the Reds club,,,,

The jury is still out….but he should be a good healthy Athletic for 3 years before he heads elsewhere….

I still stand by my prediction…..45 and 100…..

5. backstageatapuppetshow - Mar 10, 2012 at 5:37 PM

• George - Mar 11, 2012 at 8:16 AM

Two AB sample size? I’m sold!

Pujols deal still worth it to Angels?
  1. I. Davis (4011)