Mar 10, 2012, 1:21 PM EDT
I know we already had a Photo of the Day. I don’t care. Batting practice was fun this morning. The pics are real. The dialogue, I made up.
Manny Ramirez: See the ball, hit the ball. That’s all you gotta do, Yoenis. It’s really easy.
Yoenis Cespedes: I see the ball …
Yoenis Cespedes: I hit the ball.
Contrary to popular belief, the ball does not make a different sound off Cespedes’ bat in BP. But he does hit the ball really damn hard.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)