Mar 10, 2012, 9:22 AM EST
Actually this was a photo of the night. This is my friend Connor rocking the Expos gear last night:
Also worth noting that I’ve hung out with Jonah Keri for a couple of days down here. Jonah grew up on the Expos and is writing an Expos book. Between Connor and Jonah I think I have dined with a good 40% of the extant Montreal Expos fan base this week.
Bonus photo time! This has nothing to do with baseball, but the basement of the restaurant Connor, Voros McCracken and I went to last night had this set up in a dark corner behind a chain link fence:
Nope, not creepy at all. Didn’t have any nightmares last night, no siree!
Off to Phoenix Municipal Stadium to see the debut of Yoenis Cespedes. Keep the dial tuned to HardballTalk, your home for interesting international free agent debuts and pictures of creepy dolls reenacting the Last Supper in scary basements.
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 18
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 32
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)