Scenes from Spring Training: Photo of the Day

Mar 10, 2012, 9:22 AM EST

Actually this was a photo of the night.  This is my friend Connor rocking the Expos gear last night:

source:

Also worth noting that I’ve hung out with Jonah Keri for a couple of days down here. Jonah grew up on the Expos and is writing an Expos book.  Between Connor and Jonah I think I have dined with a good 40% of the extant Montreal Expos fan base this week.

Bonus photo time!  This has nothing to do with baseball, but the basement of the restaurant Connor, Voros McCracken and I went to last night had this set up in a dark corner behind a chain link fence:

source:

Nope, not creepy at all. Didn’t have any nightmares last night, no siree!

Off to Phoenix Municipal Stadium to see the debut of Yoenis Cespedes.  Keep the dial tuned to HardballTalk, your home for interesting international free agent debuts and pictures of creepy dolls reenacting the Last Supper in scary basements.

1. yankeesfanlen - Mar 10, 2012 at 9:28 AM

OK, Craig, that’s it! Turn the ISO up to at least 800 and turn off the f#$%^in’ flash!

• bjbroderick - Mar 10, 2012 at 10:35 AM

lol, dude, thats a phone camera. No one with a regular camera takes 16×9 portrait pics. Unless he has the new Nokia hotness, I doubt he can crank the iso, or lengthen the shutter time.

• The Rabbit - Mar 10, 2012 at 12:30 PM

I wondered where my daughter-in-law was hiding the grandkids.
      and Len, I get way too much noise at 1600 ISO.

2. proudlycanadian - Mar 10, 2012 at 9:53 AM

There are several people on this site who have fond memories of the Expos. I remember going to the old Jary Park and watching the fan known as “the dancer” perform.

3. El Bravo - Mar 10, 2012 at 10:07 AM

I’m pretty excited that I checked HBT today for this. Thanks Craig, now I’m having daymares.

4. mattraw - Mar 10, 2012 at 10:56 AM

That is one boss shirt.

5. cur68 - Mar 10, 2012 at 11:25 AM

T-shirt doux, bro.

6. Old Gator - Mar 10, 2012 at 11:25 AM

That second photo would have given Chucky some serious lumber.

• cur68 - Mar 10, 2012 at 11:37 AM

FTW

7. kiwicricket - Mar 10, 2012 at 1:51 PM

You had dinner at Buffalo Bill’s house?

Maddon has high hopes for Cubs
  1. P. Sandoval (5616)