Mar 11, 2012, 12:03 PM EDT
The Orioles can remove right-handed reliever Jim Johnson from their list of injured players.
According to Roch Kubatko of MASN.com, the 28-year-old closer struck out two batters Saturday during a one-inning appearance in a “B” game.
It was his first live action of the spring.
Johnson is about a week behind the other pitchers in O’ss camp due to back tightness that he began experiencing in late February. But relievers only require a handful of exhibition appearances in order to get sufficiently geared up for the start of the regular season and there’s still plenty of time for him to get his work in between now and Opening Day.
Johnson posted a 2.67 ERA, 1.11 WHIP and 58/21 K/BB ratio in 91 innings of relief last season.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)