Mar 11, 2012, 12:03 PM EDT
The Orioles can remove right-handed reliever Jim Johnson from their list of injured players.
According to Roch Kubatko of MASN.com, the 28-year-old closer struck out two batters Saturday during a one-inning appearance in a “B” game.
It was his first live action of the spring.
Johnson is about a week behind the other pitchers in O’ss camp due to back tightness that he began experiencing in late February. But relievers only require a handful of exhibition appearances in order to get sufficiently geared up for the start of the regular season and there’s still plenty of time for him to get his work in between now and Opening Day.
Johnson posted a 2.67 ERA, 1.11 WHIP and 58/21 K/BB ratio in 91 innings of relief last season.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 77
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 40
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 15
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 5
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 70
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (111)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (78)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement