Mar 11, 2012, 12:03 PM EDT
The Orioles can remove right-handed reliever Jim Johnson from their list of injured players.
According to Roch Kubatko of MASN.com, the 28-year-old closer struck out two batters Saturday during a one-inning appearance in a “B” game.
It was his first live action of the spring.
Johnson is about a week behind the other pitchers in O’ss camp due to back tightness that he began experiencing in late February. But relievers only require a handful of exhibition appearances in order to get sufficiently geared up for the start of the regular season and there’s still plenty of time for him to get his work in between now and Opening Day.
Johnson posted a 2.67 ERA, 1.11 WHIP and 58/21 K/BB ratio in 91 innings of relief last season.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (78)