Mar 11, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
Brian Wilson: So you guys would agree that Superman would beat Batman in a fistfight?
Lincecum: I dunno, man. I guess if it’s just fists, sure.
Wilson: Doesn’t matter. Superman definitely wins. No question.
Now, as you know, I am the baseball blogosphere’s foremost expert on Batman and Batman-related subjects. And while, yes, I have a bias here, it does not prevent me from seeing the bleedin’ obvious: that Batman would kick Superman’s butt in a fight. It’s just science.
I felt it necessary to correct Mr. Wilson. To that end, I called up this pic on my phone and showed it to him when he came near:
Me: Brian, I hate to break this to you, but look at this [I show him the pic].
Wilson: [examines the pic] It never happened.
Me: Sure it did. It’s right there.
Wilson: Nope, never happened.
And then he walked away.
It’s sad that a man with such physical gifts and such obvious intelligence is as deluded on such an important point as Wilson is here. Oh well.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 6
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 37
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)