Mar 11, 2012, 3:00 PM EST
Brian Wilson: So you guys would agree that Superman would beat Batman in a fistfight?
Lincecum: I dunno, man. I guess if it’s just fists, sure.
Wilson: Doesn’t matter. Superman definitely wins. No question.
Now, as you know, I am the baseball blogosphere’s foremost expert on Batman and Batman-related subjects. And while, yes, I have a bias here, it does not prevent me from seeing the bleedin’ obvious: that Batman would kick Superman’s butt in a fight. It’s just science.
I felt it necessary to correct Mr. Wilson. To that end, I called up this pic on my phone and showed it to him when he came near:
Me: Brian, I hate to break this to you, but look at this [I show him the pic].
Wilson: [examines the pic] It never happened.
Me: Sure it did. It’s right there.
Wilson: Nope, never happened.
And then he walked away.
It’s sad that a man with such physical gifts and such obvious intelligence is as deluded on such an important point as Wilson is here. Oh well.
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 16
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 10
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 73
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 47
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (145)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)