Mar 11, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
Brian Wilson: So you guys would agree that Superman would beat Batman in a fistfight?
Lincecum: I dunno, man. I guess if it’s just fists, sure.
Wilson: Doesn’t matter. Superman definitely wins. No question.
Now, as you know, I am the baseball blogosphere’s foremost expert on Batman and Batman-related subjects. And while, yes, I have a bias here, it does not prevent me from seeing the bleedin’ obvious: that Batman would kick Superman’s butt in a fight. It’s just science.
I felt it necessary to correct Mr. Wilson. To that end, I called up this pic on my phone and showed it to him when he came near:
Me: Brian, I hate to break this to you, but look at this [I show him the pic].
Wilson: [examines the pic] It never happened.
Me: Sure it did. It’s right there.
Wilson: Nope, never happened.
And then he walked away.
It’s sad that a man with such physical gifts and such obvious intelligence is as deluded on such an important point as Wilson is here. Oh well.
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 1
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 5
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 54
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)