Mar 11, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
Brian Wilson: So you guys would agree that Superman would beat Batman in a fistfight?
Lincecum: I dunno, man. I guess if it’s just fists, sure.
Wilson: Doesn’t matter. Superman definitely wins. No question.
Now, as you know, I am the baseball blogosphere’s foremost expert on Batman and Batman-related subjects. And while, yes, I have a bias here, it does not prevent me from seeing the bleedin’ obvious: that Batman would kick Superman’s butt in a fight. It’s just science.
I felt it necessary to correct Mr. Wilson. To that end, I called up this pic on my phone and showed it to him when he came near:
Me: Brian, I hate to break this to you, but look at this [I show him the pic].
Wilson: [examines the pic] It never happened.
Me: Sure it did. It’s right there.
Wilson: Nope, never happened.
And then he walked away.
It’s sad that a man with such physical gifts and such obvious intelligence is as deluded on such an important point as Wilson is here. Oh well.
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 4
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 17
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 23
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- Zack Greinke’s scoreless innings streak ends at 45 2/3 7
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)