Mar 11, 2012, 3:00 PM EST
Brian Wilson: So you guys would agree that Superman would beat Batman in a fistfight?
Lincecum: I dunno, man. I guess if it’s just fists, sure.
Wilson: Doesn’t matter. Superman definitely wins. No question.
Now, as you know, I am the baseball blogosphere’s foremost expert on Batman and Batman-related subjects. And while, yes, I have a bias here, it does not prevent me from seeing the bleedin’ obvious: that Batman would kick Superman’s butt in a fight. It’s just science.
I felt it necessary to correct Mr. Wilson. To that end, I called up this pic on my phone and showed it to him when he came near:
Me: Brian, I hate to break this to you, but look at this [I show him the pic].
Wilson: [examines the pic] It never happened.
Me: Sure it did. It’s right there.
Wilson: Nope, never happened.
And then he walked away.
It’s sad that a man with such physical gifts and such obvious intelligence is as deluded on such an important point as Wilson is here. Oh well.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)