Mar 11, 2012, 6:55 PM EDT
According to the report, Robinson was attended to during the fourth quarter of the game. He left with medical personnel before the game ended, but he was able to walk out under his own power.
Robinson, 76, collected 2,943 hits, 586 homers and 1,812 RBI during a major league career that spanned from 1956-1976. He later managed in the majors, finishing up that portion of his career in 2006, and served in the commissioner’s office.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)