Mar 12, 2012, 3:35 PM EDT
Floyd will make $7 million this season with a $9.5 million option for 2013, and rumors about the White Sox shopping him swirled throughout the offseason.
Presumably he’d cost more than Blanton, as Floyd is 29 years old and very durable with at least 30 starts in each of the past four seasons. He had a 4.37 ERA and 151/45 K/BB ratio in 194 innings last year despite calling a hitter-friendly ballpark home, making him a solid mid-rotation starter.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 3
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 17
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (89)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)