Mar 12, 2012, 3:35 PM EDT
Floyd will make $7 million this season with a $9.5 million option for 2013, and rumors about the White Sox shopping him swirled throughout the offseason.
Presumably he’d cost more than Blanton, as Floyd is 29 years old and very durable with at least 30 starts in each of the past four seasons. He had a 4.37 ERA and 151/45 K/BB ratio in 194 innings last year despite calling a hitter-friendly ballpark home, making him a solid mid-rotation starter.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 85
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (85)