Mar 12, 2012, 3:35 PM EST
Floyd will make $7 million this season with a $9.5 million option for 2013, and rumors about the White Sox shopping him swirled throughout the offseason.
Presumably he’d cost more than Blanton, as Floyd is 29 years old and very durable with at least 30 starts in each of the past four seasons. He had a 4.37 ERA and 151/45 K/BB ratio in 194 innings last year despite calling a hitter-friendly ballpark home, making him a solid mid-rotation starter.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 65
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (239)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)