Mar 12, 2012, 3:35 PM EDT
Floyd will make $7 million this season with a $9.5 million option for 2013, and rumors about the White Sox shopping him swirled throughout the offseason.
Presumably he’d cost more than Blanton, as Floyd is 29 years old and very durable with at least 30 starts in each of the past four seasons. He had a 4.37 ERA and 151/45 K/BB ratio in 194 innings last year despite calling a hitter-friendly ballpark home, making him a solid mid-rotation starter.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with apparent elbow injury 0
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 11
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)