Mar 12, 2012, 3:35 PM EST
Floyd will make $7 million this season with a $9.5 million option for 2013, and rumors about the White Sox shopping him swirled throughout the offseason.
Presumably he’d cost more than Blanton, as Floyd is 29 years old and very durable with at least 30 starts in each of the past four seasons. He had a 4.37 ERA and 151/45 K/BB ratio in 194 innings last year despite calling a hitter-friendly ballpark home, making him a solid mid-rotation starter.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)