Mar 12, 2012, 4:48 PM EDT
Including, of course, the 2008 Phillies that won the World Series thanks in large part to Lidge’s dominance in the ninth inning.
And also the 2009 Phillies that won the NL pennant. Or the 2010 Phillies that won 97 games. Or the 2011 Phillies that won 102 games.
Going back further, he was on the 2005 Astros that won the NL pennant and … well, you get the idea.
Obviously the Nationals have improved a ton and look, on paper at least, like very legitimate contenders this season. But c’mon. Washington went 80-81 last season, so they’d need to improve by a dozen games just to match the record of the worst team Lidge has been on during the previous four years (and that team won the World Series).
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 45
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)