Mar 12, 2012, 7:04 PM EDT
Chad Jennings of the Journal News reports that Robertson was able to ditch his walking boot this afternoon and played catch without pain. While it’s unclear when he’ll be cleared to resume throwing off a mound, he expressed confidence that he’ll be in the Yankees’ bullpen for the season opener against the Rays on April 6.
As long as I don’t have any setbacks, I don’t see why I wouldn’t be, he said.
Robertson, who turns 27 in April, was one of the best relievers in the game last season, posting a microscopic 1.08 ERA and a dominant 100/35 K/BB ratio over 66 2/3 innings while setting up for Mariano Rivera.
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 7
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 17
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 52
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)