Mar 12, 2012, 7:04 PM EST
Chad Jennings of the Journal News reports that Robertson was able to ditch his walking boot this afternoon and played catch without pain. While it’s unclear when he’ll be cleared to resume throwing off a mound, he expressed confidence that he’ll be in the Yankees’ bullpen for the season opener against the Rays on April 6.
As long as I don’t have any setbacks, I don’t see why I wouldn’t be, he said.
Robertson, who turns 27 in April, was one of the best relievers in the game last season, posting a microscopic 1.08 ERA and a dominant 100/35 K/BB ratio over 66 2/3 innings while setting up for Mariano Rivera.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 25
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 281
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (281)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)