Mar 12, 2012, 7:04 PM EDT
Chad Jennings of the Journal News reports that Robertson was able to ditch his walking boot this afternoon and played catch without pain. While it’s unclear when he’ll be cleared to resume throwing off a mound, he expressed confidence that he’ll be in the Yankees’ bullpen for the season opener against the Rays on April 6.
As long as I don’t have any setbacks, I don’t see why I wouldn’t be, he said.
Robertson, who turns 27 in April, was one of the best relievers in the game last season, posting a microscopic 1.08 ERA and a dominant 100/35 K/BB ratio over 66 2/3 innings while setting up for Mariano Rivera.
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (116)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (104)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT