Mar 12, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
UPDATE #2: It took three days, but MLB has officially announced Pridie’s suspension.
UPDATE #1: Shea says the positive test was for a “drug of abuse” rather than a performance-enhancing drug, which means this was actually Pridie’s second positive test.
Pridie signed a minor-league deal with the A’s in November after previously spending time with the Rays, Twins, and Mets.
He’s hit .226 with a .670 OPS in 112 games as a major leaguer, hasn’t been great in the high minors either, and was unlikely to make the Opening Day roster at age 28.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)