Mar 12, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
UPDATE #2: It took three days, but MLB has officially announced Pridie’s suspension.
UPDATE #1: Shea says the positive test was for a “drug of abuse” rather than a performance-enhancing drug, which means this was actually Pridie’s second positive test.
Pridie signed a minor-league deal with the A’s in November after previously spending time with the Rays, Twins, and Mets.
He’s hit .226 with a .670 OPS in 112 games as a major leaguer, hasn’t been great in the high minors either, and was unlikely to make the Opening Day roster at age 28.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 85
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (96)