Mar 12, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
UPDATE #2: It took three days, but MLB has officially announced Pridie’s suspension.
UPDATE #1: Shea says the positive test was for a “drug of abuse” rather than a performance-enhancing drug, which means this was actually Pridie’s second positive test.
Pridie signed a minor-league deal with the A’s in November after previously spending time with the Rays, Twins, and Mets.
He’s hit .226 with a .670 OPS in 112 games as a major leaguer, hasn’t been great in the high minors either, and was unlikely to make the Opening Day roster at age 28.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 9
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 103
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 55
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (113)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (79)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Rangers live another day, edge Bruins in OT
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris