Mar 12, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
Mets bullpen catcher Eric Langill was arrested last night and charged with a DUI after he crashed into a street sign and a concrete fountain near the team’s spring training complex in Florida, flipping his car over.
WPTV-NBC reports that Langill drove his Honda Accord into the center of a traffic circle while turning into an intersection and had to helped out of the upside-down car through the passenger door.
He then tried to leave the scene on foot before onlookers stopped him. Langill later told police that he was coming home from a bowling alley after 2-3 drinks and another car cut him off.
Langill, now 32 years old, was the Expos’ 34th-round pick in 1999 and played seven seasons in the minors, but got into a total of just 210 games and hit .210 with one homer.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 77
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 102
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (80)