Mar 12, 2012, 1:20 PM EST
Mets bullpen catcher Eric Langill was arrested last night and charged with a DUI after he crashed into a street sign and a concrete fountain near the team’s spring training complex in Florida, flipping his car over.
WPTV-NBC reports that Langill drove his Honda Accord into the center of a traffic circle while turning into an intersection and had to helped out of the upside-down car through the passenger door.
He then tried to leave the scene on foot before onlookers stopped him. Langill later told police that he was coming home from a bowling alley after 2-3 drinks and another car cut him off.
Langill, now 32 years old, was the Expos’ 34th-round pick in 1999 and played seven seasons in the minors, but got into a total of just 210 games and hit .210 with one homer.
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 34
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 133
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (285)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)