Mar 12, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
Not very many managers get ejected from spring training games, but then again no one has ever accused Ozzie Guillen of being the average manager.
Guillen was arguing a call in the sixth inning against the Red Sox this afternoon when he got the boot for the first time as Marlins skipper.
He was ejected 27 times in eight seasons as the White Sox’s manager, which is once every 49 games and fewer than I probably would have guessed.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 54
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 28
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 61
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)