Mar 12, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
Not very many managers get ejected from spring training games, but then again no one has ever accused Ozzie Guillen of being the average manager.
Guillen was arguing a call in the sixth inning against the Red Sox this afternoon when he got the boot for the first time as Marlins skipper.
He was ejected 27 times in eight seasons as the White Sox’s manager, which is once every 49 games and fewer than I probably would have guessed.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 6
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 42
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)