Mar 12, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
Not very many managers get ejected from spring training games, but then again no one has ever accused Ozzie Guillen of being the average manager.
Guillen was arguing a call in the sixth inning against the Red Sox this afternoon when he got the boot for the first time as Marlins skipper.
He was ejected 27 times in eight seasons as the White Sox’s manager, which is once every 49 games and fewer than I probably would have guessed.
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 4
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 17
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 23
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- Zack Greinke’s scoreless innings streak ends at 45 2/3 7
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)