Mar 13, 2012, 10:30 AM EST
Carlos Beltran and the Cardinals are facing the Mets today. It’s Beltran’s first action against his old team. And if Beltran facing Adam Wainwright in freaking early-spring batting practice was deemed newsworthy, you can bet than him facing the Mets is too.
“You have to be a little frustrated for the fans, knowing probably the team isn’t going to be what the fans really want to see out there. But at the end of the day, they have prospects, players who are going to be good one day. But when that day’s going to be, only God knows.”
There’s nothing terribly controversial about any of that. So why do I feel like it’s going to be leveraged into something controversial by talk radio or whoever by lunchtime today?
Maybe I’m wrong. But I dunno.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 13
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 86
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (99)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (86)