Mar 13, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
Carlos Beltran and the Cardinals are facing the Mets today. It’s Beltran’s first action against his old team. And if Beltran facing Adam Wainwright in freaking early-spring batting practice was deemed newsworthy, you can bet than him facing the Mets is too.
“You have to be a little frustrated for the fans, knowing probably the team isn’t going to be what the fans really want to see out there. But at the end of the day, they have prospects, players who are going to be good one day. But when that day’s going to be, only God knows.”
There’s nothing terribly controversial about any of that. So why do I feel like it’s going to be leveraged into something controversial by talk radio or whoever by lunchtime today?
Maybe I’m wrong. But I dunno.
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- PFT: Teammate says Titus Young opened up to him