Mar 13, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
Carlos Beltran and the Cardinals are facing the Mets today. It’s Beltran’s first action against his old team. And if Beltran facing Adam Wainwright in freaking early-spring batting practice was deemed newsworthy, you can bet than him facing the Mets is too.
“You have to be a little frustrated for the fans, knowing probably the team isn’t going to be what the fans really want to see out there. But at the end of the day, they have prospects, players who are going to be good one day. But when that day’s going to be, only God knows.”
There’s nothing terribly controversial about any of that. So why do I feel like it’s going to be leveraged into something controversial by talk radio or whoever by lunchtime today?
Maybe I’m wrong. But I dunno.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 18
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)