Mar 13, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
Carlos Beltran and the Cardinals are facing the Mets today. It’s Beltran’s first action against his old team. And if Beltran facing Adam Wainwright in freaking early-spring batting practice was deemed newsworthy, you can bet than him facing the Mets is too.
“You have to be a little frustrated for the fans, knowing probably the team isn’t going to be what the fans really want to see out there. But at the end of the day, they have prospects, players who are going to be good one day. But when that day’s going to be, only God knows.”
There’s nothing terribly controversial about any of that. So why do I feel like it’s going to be leveraged into something controversial by talk radio or whoever by lunchtime today?
Maybe I’m wrong. But I dunno.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)