Mar 13, 2012, 8:48 AM EDT
Hard day in Surprise for the Royals’ promising young lads:
- Eric Hosmer left yesterday’s game against the Giants after landing awkwardly on his right shoulder while making a diving stop at first base; and
- Mike Moustakas left Monday’s game against the Giants after being hit in the right knee by a pitch.
They’re both probably OK and may only miss a day or two to rest their owies.
But really, we’re starting to get into that point of spring training where it’s once again apt to say stuff like “man, why do they play so many spring training games? Dudes are gettin’ hurt for no reason.”
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?